Friday, April 9, 2010

Art in DUMBO

I've had a couple of days off to catch up on sleep. Yesterday I swore I wouldn't do anything other than rest and eat. It felt good to lay around watching television until I started to feel bored and lonely. Bored, lonely but still tired.

Laura wanted to go for drinks after meeting one of her old college friends after work so I eventually did get up and shower. Then I got a voicemail from Sarah Humphrey asking if we'd like to go to an art exhibition she and her colleagues were doing in DUMBO. The exhibit was projecting the work of four different video artists onto the side of the Manhattan Bridge, with a reception at a bar called Rebar. Laura and I were up for it so we met Sarah there. We saw the videos both in the bar and projected on the bridge and enjoyed the wine and champagne.

Today I'm still feeling really tired. The only thing I really have to do today is get some groceries, there's nothing here for me to eat, but I am seriously putting it off. I don't want to do anything! Seriously!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you linked to Wikipedia because I sure was wondering why they called it DUMBO. :) Hope you get some rest soon! And some groceries too!

    ReplyDelete