Thursday, April 8, 2010

Rearranged!

At the end of my Easter Vacation I made the choice to take the overnight bus back to VA and arrive the same morning as I was supposed to be back at work. That way I got an extra day with Jake and would just have to sleep what I could on the bus and stick it out at work on Wednesday. So at 1am on Wednesday I got on the bus and I arrived back here at 7am yesterday morning. I came back to the apartment and had a nap before I went in to work at noon. When I got up again and had my shower and coffee I was thinking it wasn't going to be so bad but when I got on the train I only wanted to lay down.

At the end of my train ride I get out at the 96th street station. It has been under construction since I began working up there. They have been building an above ground station in the median section of Broadway. Anyway when I got off the train yesterday morning the stairway where it had always been was covered in plywood and instead of going down it everyone was going up a stairway that didn't use to be there! I was so confused. I stood on the platform looking at the boarded up down staircase and looking back at the staircase up. Finally I followed the crowd up the stairs and out into the bright sunshine in the center of Broadway. Since the station is new the intersection was a mess as people who used to come out of the station on one side of Broadway or the other were now all coming up in the center and everyone had to cross the street. Once I had gotten my tired brain and body through all this newness and was headed down Broadway in the usual direction to work I thought seriously about going to a different stop to get back on the train. I didn't think I could handle all that again, as tired as I was feeling. Unfortunately for tired, mind blown me, when I got to work things didn't improve as they had rearranged the entire store! Everything that was on the left side was on the right side and vice versa! Also everything that had been in the window was gone, leaving much more visible through the windows and the upstairs area had been completely filled with frames on the walls. They even moved the clock. I felt like the world had moved a little, and like I'd been gone a LOT longer than 4 days! Geez!

Then I found out we had a birthday party scheduled for my shift.

Today I slept until 1pm. I'm feeling much better now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment