Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Break

Yesterday morning while I was getting ready for work I tried to call my mom three times. By the time I got to work and had a moment to check my e mail she had sent this e mail:

haven't heard since sat. did you get back ok? Could not find recent blog. mom

Mom sends e mails like they are telegrams or something. She'd be great at texting if she got into it.

Anyway to ease my Mom's worried mind and catch everyone up HERE is a recent blog post.

I just got back from a wonderful holiday with Jake. I took the Chinatown Bus down to Richmond on Thursday night which was mainly uneventful, though very long. I got on the bus at 5pm and didn't arrive in Richmond until 1-something am.

Friday we got up late at Jake's grandparents house and headed to their rental condo at the Wintergreen resort. Jake's grandma had packed us tons of great food and instructions that we were to try out the grill and make sure it works. Ok, if you insist! Jake invited his friends Jason and Gordie over for grill. After eating we watched Jason's favorite movie, The Warriors, which is about 70s street gangs in NYC and culminates in a battle on Coney Island.

Saturday we came to Strasburg for my Grandma Betty's 80th Birthday party. It was really nice to everyone from that family and catch up. Everybody was really excited to hear about New York and wanted to come and visit. It was fun and Grandma really enjoyed it. She was surprised and some of her family members had come from far away just to see her. All her kids were in one place which doesn't happen often.

Jessie, Grandma and me at Grandma's party


After the party Jake and I headed up to my Dad's house on the way back to Wintergreen. We went out to dinner at Cracker Barrel for Markee's birthday and then went back to Dad's for cake and Trivial Pursuit. Dad also told us some really spooky stories about Jerome, where his family are all from. He told us stories passed down from his great grandparents and aunts and uncles about mysterious lights and sounds encountered if you went down by the creek at night. Jake and I really wanted to go out to Jerome and try to see scary lights, that is until we got in the car to go back out to the mountains for the night. Then I got seriously creeped out. Anyway, Daddy and Markee both stomped us at Trivial Pursuit and then we headed back up for the night.

Sunday we were supposed to go to Church but we didn't get up. We spend Easter relaxing together at the condo, playing cards and watching tv and just generally enjoying the quiet time. Monday was much the same but we did leave the condo for dinner at the Edge restaurant which was fabulous.

Tuesday we came down the mountain and hung out in Richmond until my 1am bus back to NYC. I wish it hadn't ended. I sure love VA and spending time with my family and friends there.

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely correct...Mama writes emails like telegrams. Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete