Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jake's June Visit + A World Cup Announcement

Jake came for a visit and ended up being able to stay for an entire week! (Special thanks to my sister who dog-sat her puppy niece for a few days). I've been having a rough couple of weeks so getting to spend some quality time with Jake was really helpful and relaxing.

Although we spent a lot of time chilling in the apartment, hanging out with Laura, cooking and eating together, we did manage to do a couple of really nice things.

Friday I took Jake to Coney Island and he finally got to ride the Wonder Wheel. He did not love it, exactly, but he didn't hate it nearly as much as he wanted me to believe. Look at this picture:

He wants to impart that he is terrified and there only by force but I believe his smile says differently, don't you agree?

Here's a funnier photo series from our Wonder Wheel experience:

Jake is the tough guy while waiting in line...
Not so tough now, huh?

Notice also that I look overjoyed as usual. In that picture there are a couple of my favorite things on Earth.

Jake LOVED the Cyclone however and we rode it twice in a row. I also love that roller coaster and could ride it lots and lots, but maybe only twice at a go. Its not too jerky but it does shake you up a bit. Plus I never can wait to ride it before I eat my Nathan's, on account of Nathan's is directly outside the subway.

Jake also loved the beach and we took some pictures with our toes in the sand and watching the intriguing beach behavior or people swimming.

Tuesday evening the weather was so beautiful that Laura suggested we all go to the park and toss around the football for a while. This sounded terrific so we walked up to the park and found a nice grassy spot full of frolicking dogs and picnicking Brooklyners and played a little catch. Aside from Laura being clobbered by an exuberant red dog barreling toward a fumbled football we had a perfect time.

Afterward we walked over to Sushi Tatsu for the $11 special and then home to bed.

Jake left last evening and it was hopelessly sad to see him get on the bus. I came home and once Laura was back from work we met and she took me on my first ever run. I'm going to try it out and see how it goes, in the hopes that some exercise would do me good in more ways than one. It went fine, I went about 2 miles, with running and walking mixed in to take it easy at first.

Now its time to straighten my room and do a ton of laundry. My good friend Sarah Nilsen will be here tomorrow afternoon and I have to de-Jake my room a little. I love finding things like boxer shorts tangled up in the sheets and a bottle of chocolate syrup behind the closet door. Boys are so weird.

Oh one more thing: Laura, Kirstin and I have cooked up a new blog for your viewing pleasure.


Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment