Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Short and Long Blog About The Wonder Wheel Photo Booth

The first time I rode the Wonder Wheel I was awfully excited. When Rachel, Laura and I stepped out of the car and were exiting the ride I saw an old school photo booth and got in immediately. Photo booths are a rare find these days, especially non-digital ones like this! I put in my money and the booth quickly snapped the four pictures of the three of us on a red backdrop. In 4 and a half minutes I got the best souvenir of my first ride. Each time since then I've done the same thing. Now I have a little collection of strips taped to my mirror. Photo booth strips are wonderful, I love how spontaneous the little composition of photos is and how ephemeral the strip itself is. These are already starting to fade. I took them to work and scanned them today so I could have them for always.
And yes, I've now ridden the Wonder Wheel five times and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment