Sunday, March 28, 2010

Laura DeWitt's Birthday Party

Wednesday was Laura DeWitt's birthday and to celebrate she reserved two lanes at Frames in the Port Authority Bus Terminal last night. Frames is a fancy New York bowling alley which means that is is luxuriously appointed and offers fancy specialty cocktails. Oh and it costs a lot more than Massanutten lanes. Laura is super generous though, and for her birthday her mom provided the lanes. I abstained from fancy cocktails as my stomach was in an uproar from the Jello shots mentioned in the previous post.

We had two lanes and our own waiter named 'Reddick' who had dark wavy hair and an accent. I told Laura he was my birthday present to her and our party did our best to annoy poor Reddick all night with orders for drinks and appetizers and more drinks and more appetizers.

Without beer my bowling wasn't so great, and I didn't get that second beer boost. We all had a lot of fun and I think Laura had a great time!

The Birthday Girl


Elizabeth and Laura are posing for 'headshots'

Today was opening day and the Blessing of the Rides at Coney Island!! I had to work. Laura took her friend Ashley down but they didn't ride anything, and by the time I got off work and all the way down to Coney everything was closed up again and deserted. I almost feel like Laura was making it up. Soon enough it will be warmer and the rides will stay open and I'll be able to ride the Wonder Wheel. We even tried to go to a boardwalk bar we'd heard about from the guys at 773 but that was shuttered when we got to it. We did get corn dogs at Nathans and then coffee and a doughnut each at Dunkin Donuts in the subway station.

No comments:

Post a Comment