Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cleaning, Celebrating and a New Phone

Monday I had the day off from work so I cleaned my kitchen from top to bottom which was very little fun and a lot of sweat and grossed-outedness, BUT so rewarding in the end. Its so nice to go in there now. After this Sarah came over and we celebrated my newly spic and span kitchen by ordering take-out. We ate a sushi feast and watched some DVR tv and relaxed.

Monday evening we went to a party at a bar in the city called Therapy. The party was put on by Broadway Impact and it was a celebration for the overturning of California's Proposition 8 law. At the party we heard from a few performers, saw a short video and heard from several speakers about what happens next in the fight for equality for the gay community. It was very interesting and inspiring, though I could have stood for a little more celebrating. We had a good time and some good conversation and then headed home not too late, which was good since I had to work Tuesday.

At work the next day I did some shoots, I think three. I like the practice of shooting, but sometimes the pressure really gets to me and I hate feeling at odds with the parents or getting in trouble with my boss for the pictures I take if I make a mistake. I'm definitely getting more comfortable.

After work I went to the Sprint store to try and get my little purple phone fixed. It had been acting slow and secretly eating texts I thought were sent to people. Also Jake swears I'm inaudible when I talk on it but I denied fault for that one. Nobody else ever says they can't hear me. Anyway the Sprint store at 34th st was closed so I got to go to the Sprint store in the Flatiron building, which is cooler. Once I'd gone to two different stores and waited in a long, stagnant line I was in no mood. After briefly reviewing my account my Sprint person informed me I had no warranty and no insurance so she could fix my phone for $100 or I could upgrade for the same price and to fix it I had to leave my phone there for some hours. I don't even know what I'd do without my phone for hours. I wouldn't even know how many hours had passed! Like I said I was in no mood and agreed to the upgrade which is why I now own an Android phone. This is cool, not life-changing, but cool.

But what's REALLY cool is...

I GOT RETRO CAMERA! HOORAY!

Now there will be no stopping me. Well as long as the battery holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment