Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Very Bad Day Gets Good

Man yesterday could not have started worse, nor finished better. I woke up in the morning thinking I had the day off only to get a call from Mattie at work who was up to her neck because I really was supposed to be there and hadn't shown up for a shift. I forgot I had agreed by e mail to come in yesterday and hadn't written it down anywhere. Without even showering I threw on some clothes and ran to work.

Everybody was mad and I felt terrible. I had also told Sarah we'd celebrate her birthday yesterday and we'd do anything she wanted so I felt like a jerk texting her that I was going to work and wouldn't be available until much later. Work ended up ok though, I did three photo shoots and they all went pretty smoothly and I think I left on good terms with all, although I was still wracked with guilt.

After my shift I caught up with Sarah down on the Lower East Side and we decided to go to a movie together. We went up to the Union Square Regal and saw The Other Guys, which we both liked. After the movie we went out for supper at Dallas BBQ in Sarah's neighborhood and got DELICIOUS Barbecue. Wow, that place has some good sauce. We had great conversation, as usual and both ate a ton of delicious food. Afterward we walked back to Sarah's place and had sangria on the fire escape again to cap off the evening. If I haven't said it before, I sure am glad she is living here now, although I am sorry we'll only live in the same place a very short time. I think we'll end up making the most of it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment