Thursday, August 19, 2010

Walking the Bridge Again (I forgot!)


I forgot to mention in my last post about Jessica, Brett and their kids visit that after all the shopping and toy buying and dream realizing we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge together. I was tired and grouchy last night and I'll get to that momentarily but first I'll tell you about the bridge.

I suggested a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge on the subway trip into Manhattan after seeing the family marvel at the tiny dot Statue of Liberty view you get from the train on the bridge. I doubted they would be up for it after a big day and especially didn't think we'd drag the poor little ones on such a long walk. I always suggest it though because its something I've really enjoyed doing and want to share the simple pleasure of the bridge walk with others. Anyway to my surprise, after all that shopping they actually were up for it. We took the train down and headed across. All the kids carried their respective prizes and Jessica was snapping pictures left and right. Brett was herding kids and I was taking more Retro Camera shots. Its really lovely up there I have to say. It was after THAT on the train that we decided to go for hot dogs.

The reason I was so distracted and tired is that I've been working like CRAZY this week. Its really not all that much compared to a regular shift at a regular job but I've been getting so few hours for a while now that suddenly its exhausting. Anyway we're really swamped with appointments because of a special promotion we're offering and a couple people have gone on vacation so I am rolling in shifts and hours. My back is KILLING me but my wallet will be very happy here in a bit.

2 comments:

  1. It was so lovely! I am so glad that you suggested it because it was definitely a big highlight of our trip. it would have been so perfect without you! I am so happy that we have you in our lives! It was such a memorable and special trip thanks to you! I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Brooklyn Bridge walk! I'd love to do it again and actually go into that part of Brooklyn and explore, when I walked it before we just turned around and went back to Manhattan.

    ReplyDelete