Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I Don't Wanna Grow Up!



Yesterday I took Jake to see Times Square and Central Park. We took the train to Times Square and looked around at the lights and signs etc. Bless his heart, Jake wants to talk to every promoter, etc that is handing out a flier. I don't know how we got out of there without theatre tickets, bus tickets and some hip hop artists CD, but we managed.

Jake and I spotted a Ferris Wheel INSIDE Toys R Us simultaneously and were so excited to go inside. The ride costs money but I had fun taking pictures and then Jake spotted the Nintendo station. We ended up spending at least an hour exploring the wonders of Toys R Us. It was so cool. I picked out multiple gifts for everyone I know there (for when I have the money to buy gifts, of course.)



Next we walked up Broadway to Central Park. We stopped at Bethesda Fountain and watched a busker who was blowing enormous bubbles with some rope. Wonder how much he makes blowing bubbles in the park each day... The bubbles were beautiful and we sat on some steps and watched for a little while. Then we walked over to Strawberry Fields so Jake could see it. He got into a conversation with the man who places flowers on the Imagine circle each day. He's been doing it for sixteen years. He also gave us a piece of his mind about the government and peace. After that we walked over to the Dakota and then to the subway to come home. When we got here we had some chocolate fondue in my fountain and played Trivial Pursuit with Laura.

Today Jake went back to VA so its back to the never ending job hunt. I heard from another temp company today so maybe they will have some leads. I'm so grateful for a wonderful weekend and birthday.

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture of you two in Times Square! Tell Jake I said HI!!!

    ReplyDelete