Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco De Mayo

Yesterday after work at the studio I decided to have a walk. I got off the train at 72nd and Broadway and walked all the way to Times Square. I stopped and got a magazine and went to Ruby Tuesday because I've been dying for a salad bar for a long time and although there wasn't anyone around to eat with I was there and hungry. My salad bar dinner was delicious and not too expensive, especially considering I was in Times Square.

After I ate I walked to 34th st. I was about to get on the train and go home when I heard from Rachel that she was with some friends at 26th st and West End. I went down in the subway and tried to figure out what trains to take to get over there but it wasn't clear to me how to manage it and it looked so close on the map I decided I may as well just keep walking. I walked out to 11th Avenue on 34th st but things started to look a bit creepy and industrial. I backtracked to 10th Avenue and then walked down to 26th. Then I walked to 12th on 26th but that is turns out to be the Hudson. By now my feet hurt, and I was clearly at a river not a bar. I called Rachel and was about to just walk back toward midtown and find a subway but she and her friends came out to find me. The bar where they had been was on a pier. No wonder I couldn't find it! Anyway they had reservations at a Mexican restaurant for Cinco De Mayo and urged me to come with them. They grabbed a taxi and we headed to Dos Caminos at 14th and 9th. I was still very full from my huge salad dinner so I only had one margarita but the company was lovely and the restaurant was crowded and fancy.

After they ate Rachel and her friends decided to hit a bar across the street but I headed home. I had to walk two more avenues back to 7th to catch the 2 train to Brooklyn. In the end I walked about 4 and a half miles yesterday. Today my feet are very sore because I was wearing flip flops that rubbed me wrong. Time to go soak them in some cold water.

No comments:

Post a Comment