Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Elton John Was Wrong

"I thought I knew, but now I know that rose trees never grow in New York City."

Roses are EVERYWHERE in our beautiful neighborhood. I always thought roses were hard to keep so I wonder if they begin to thrive when they are older because these roses don't seem to need any help. They are huge and lush and busting all over with fat blooms. Its late May so it shouldn't be any surprise that things are feeling summery. It really seems like summer has been holding out on us this year though, so the warm sunshine I saw today on my walk to the liquor store and drug store was lovely and welcome.

Does anyone out there know what the kids do in NYC when the weather gets hot? So far we have the park, the beaches at Coney Island and I guess a fire hydrant if Sesame Street is any indication. Anyone know of pools you could go to? Anyone know anyone with a roof? We're definitely accepting any tips.

Today, once I finish my pitcher of iced tea, I'm going to make my first pitcher of sangria. Cointreau is expensive so it better be amazing. I'll report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment