Sunday, May 23, 2010

So a Photographer Walks Into a Dentist's Office...

...and gets her filling replaced. Sorry, not a funny joke. A couple of nights ago I was flossing my teeth and popped one of my fillings out. At least I hoped it was a filling; it was tooth colored and alarmingly tooth-like but also a perfect little square and since my teeth didn't hurt or anything I assumed it was a filling. Anyway I grabbed a bus back to VA on Wednesday night to go see my cousin Heather and get that sucker fixed.

I saw Dr Heather on Thursday morning and then visited my old workplace for a little while. It was terrific seeing all the kids and my old coworkers again. Highlights were all the two year olds remembering me right away, Elaina telling me she loved me, and Ainsley spotting me down the hall and remembering me. Good to know they haven't all already forgotten who I was! Everything looked good there and most everyone was happy to see me. I missed my old boss Stacey so I called her on my way out and asked her to have drinks with me later that day.

Mom and Jake and I decided to have lunch at Cristina's Cafe in town. Our food was delicious and the owners; Wendy and Crissy stopped by our table to chat. We were all friends from my Koo Koo News days. After lunch Jake and I took a walk around town and then headed home to get ready for drinks with Stacey.

At 6:30 we met Stacey at Brewbakers where we were immediately treated to free beers from some Bud Light girls. Thanks! We sat and chatted for hours. It was great to catch up with Stacey and hear all about her new house and how things are going for her and tell her about life in NYC.

Friday morning I got up before Jake to make him his breakfast in bed. In case you hadn't heard already, I lost a bet with Jake and the stakes were breakfast in bed for the winner cooked by the loser. I lost and am here to tell you everybody does not like the Michael Jackson song 'Black or White' better than the song 'Smooth Criminal'. Anyway I had gotten a little grandiose with my menu planning as I was sure my victory was a lock. I had to make him stuffed french toast (with strawberries and cream cheese) and bacon. I got so wrapped up in the process of slicing and stuffing and frying I completely forgot to expect it to taste good. It was divine!! Everybody won in the end.

Finally it was back to the bus to get back to NYC and work on Saturday. I love being home in VA and miss everyone and everything very much. A little snafu occurred when my bus was an hour and half late to pick me up so I didn't get home until 4 in the morning, but I did get home.

Also, I've been entering photography contests lately. I entered four photos to one with a theme of 'Happiness' and am scouring my files for the perfect picture for a 'Baby' theme contest this week. The prizes for these contests will help me reach my goal of getting a digital SLR, the right camera to make my photography stand out when I'm not at work using proper equipment. None of my Happiness photos were chosen but I think they were great anyway and have gotten some feedback from other entrants in the contest. Wish me luck and if you happen to see any other contests feel free to let me know!

One of my 'Happiness' submissions

No comments:

Post a Comment