Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Katy and Katy take Manhattan (pt.1)


Today was my very dear friend Katy S's birthday! Her girlfriend Sam brought her to NYC for a semi-surprise birthday gift. I love visitors but I was crazy excited to see Katy as we are partners-in-crime at times and we always have a blast together. We met up yesterday evening and took a taxi (always a treat for me) downtown to go to a bar Katy had heard about called The Cubby Hole. The bar was a really fun lesbian bar with lots of kitsch on the ceiling and amazing drink specials. We sat around catching up for a bit and then went next door for a burger. I got the Bistro Burger at a place called Corner Bistro and was definitely one of the top five burgers I've ever eaten,. Wow! I have to make sure to go back there sometime. Plus: the burger was only like $6 and had bacon and cheese! What?!


After eating we headed back to The Cubby Hole and celebrated Katy's birthday until the early morning.


Katy wants to go to Coney Island and I insisted they come back for a visit over the summer when they can stay longer and we'll stay at my place and go to Coney. Can't WAIT!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you guys got to hang out and LOVE that picture of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when the rumors about NYC being super expensive are proven wrong!

    ReplyDelete