Sunday, July 11, 2010

Celebrate Brooklyn! Ok We Will!

Tonight The Roots and Talib Kweli played a live set at the band shell in Prospect Park as a part of the Celebrate Brooklyn series. I was trapped at work until 6:30 but as soon as I got off I rushed down to catch it.

Laura was already there with her friends from Teaching Fellows so I had to dodge around security (it was a free show but they weren't letting you just walk in anywhere) to meet up with them. Once I got in I found Laura and company on a blanket listening to an African band playing on the stage. It wasn't nearly as crowded as it honestly should have been and the weather was fine if a little humid.

We didn't wait too long before Talib Kweli and the Roots came out. Their set was amazing! They were terrific performers, moving all over the stage and the music was great. The crowd was dancing and singing along and it was the perfect evening.

I can't believe how lucky I was to get to see the Roots at all, let alone for free.

Laura, Lauren and Josh

The Roots!

No comments:

Post a Comment