Friday, July 2, 2010

A Visit From My Sister

My sister came to visit me this week bringing her boyfriend Andrew to meet me too. I was excited to have some family up and spend some time with Sarah. Sarah and Andrew got an RV and are super enthusiastic about RVing so they jumped at the chance to get on the road for any reason. I just needed a little TLC. Good enough for them.

Wednesday they came to my work right as I was finishing up so we headed to Times Square because Andrew had never seen the bright lights of NYC. We snapped some pictures and then hit up Tad's Steakhouse, Sarah's favorite. We had steaks and then took a nice long walk to Rockefeller Plaza. At Rockefeller we checked out the brand new Lego store which was completely fun. Its almost inspiring. You definitely want to grab handfuls of Legos and start building.

Next Sarah wanted to see Trump Tower so we headed up 5th Ave. We stopped in at St Patrick's Cathedral which was beautiful. We window shopped and people-watched all the way up 5th Avenue. After stopping in at Trump Tower we went inside Tiffany and Co. I don't know what kind of lights they have in there but they do something to make the stuff EXTRA sparkly. I saw things I liked but was very careful not to look too long at anything. Tiffany is definitely not in my price range these days.

After Tiffany we were pretty tired. We decided to head back down 5th to the New York Public Library to get some pictures with the Lions. We did so and then went inside but didn't make it past the first marble bench. After sitting quietly on the bench there we decided to get a taxi down to the Path train station. Sarah and Andrew headed back out to their campground in Jersey and I headed home.

Thursday I didn't have to work so I got up as early as I could bear and waited for them to come out to Brooklyn. Once they got here they both popped open their laptops and ravenously checked their e mail and facebooks. After they got their fill I forced them to take me to COSTCO because I knew my sister was a member and I was dying for some bulk frozen food. The super markets in this area have next to nothing available in the frozen food sections and frozen food is such a good value when I can't afford food that goes bad. I also wanted lots of granola bars and healthy snacks as I've been living on cheese and crackers. Sarah and Andrew were certainly good sports and didn't even complain about dragging my rolly cart halfway across Brooklyn and back.

After unpacking the groceries and more Facebooking and Gmail, Sarah made plans to meet up with her friend Nicole. We headed out to Cowgirl Hall of Fame for supper. Cowgirl Hall of Fame was pretty tasty and we all got little tiny toy steers which was fun. Nicole was totally cool and we made plans to meet up again soon for drinks.

By this time my brother Adam was actually landing at JFK for his visit. Sarah hadn't revealed her location to him so we headed home so we could surprise him. She and Andrew hid in my room and when Adam finally arrived from the airport I showed him into my room to put down his things and there they were. We all had a good laugh and then came out to play CatchPhrase with Laura. Laura and I beat everyone else two out of three games. Finally Sarah and Andrew headed back to Jersey and we all went to bed here because I had to work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment