Friday, December 4, 2009

First Day

I don't have a lot of time to write this morning as I am getting ready to head off to W-O-R-K at my J-O-B!!! Yes I got a job. A real one. A great one! I'm working in a portrait studio/scrapbooking boutique on the Upper West Side. I'll be doing store clerky things and photography. I can't believe I got a job in photography. Its really a dream come true. There are some drawbacks. Its part time so I'll need to do other things to make money in between and it doesn't pay a lot but I don't mind.

Yesterday evening was my first shift and I didn't have much to do. The studio was hosting a little girls birthday party so all the staff was too busy to train me but I got to look around a bit and everyone was really nice. The atmosphere is funky and casual and the owners both work there. Its a father and daughter named Bob and Kim. Bob doesn't look like, but sounds absolutely just like Christopher Walken. Kim has a 3 year old daughter who is cute as a button. I did ring up my first sale. It was embarrassing as hell not knowing much at all about the register system. The woman I was waiting on was patient as she could be but I wanted to run and hide.

Anyway tonight Kris and Kim are coming to visit so after I work I have to come home and clean up my room for them, at the very least. I still haven't unpacked properly from Thanksgiving and everything I own seems to be on the floor between my door and the my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment