Friday, December 11, 2009

Yes, I will have a free snack. Thank you.

I've been temping again this week. This time its at an investment company in Soho. I work with another temp named Steve and we are packing and shipping out investor Christmas gifts for the company. The work is fine. More boxes! But the office is amazing! They have free drinks, and not just canned cokes, water and coffee. They do have those things but they also have two kinds of Vitamin Water, two flavors of really expensive tea, four flavors of Canada Dry (I didn't even know there was more than one!) and all kinds of juices. They have all kinds of coffee and they also have Kashi granola bars and health food chips for free. Free free free! And they keep reminding us to take it! In fact if any of the people we are working for come over while we are working they invariably tell us we are working so hard and to PLEASE feel free to take a break and get a free drink or snack. Its incredible. Today our supervisor thanked us profusely for all our hard work and gave us Starbucks gift cards. What?! Its so nice to be appreciated. I'm glad that there are people out there who appreciate a temp. A couple of the places I worked never even showed me where the bathroom is and this place has free string cheese! Oh and today they had free breakfast for us. Next week we get a free lunch too and today she told us if there are extra we might get the gifts too. Also dress is casual and everybody seems really happy all the time. Too bad I'm not interested in finance.

The work I've been doing this week has been really hard on my sore back. I got muscle relaxants from the doctor and I took one today. It wasn't magic. My back feels cramped from the usual place (my lower back around my waist), all the way up to my neck. I wish I had a heating pad. Also the cold New York City winter is here. Our apartment is nice and cozy though, and I have plenty of layers and one very warm hat! I'll rest my back this evening and tomorrow I work at the portrait studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment