Saturday, December 12, 2009

Increasing Focus

Today is Saturday and I went to work! I work every day of the week, at least every day of this week. It feels good. Today I worked at the portrait studio. I learned how to edit photos which was a little nerve racking because it involves deleting pictures that the photographer took. We don't show the customers all the photos we take of them, only the best. Otherwise they'd be at the viewing for hours and be overwhelmed about what to print. Besides deleting I learned to how to resize and recenter photos, change the focus (up for children, it makes their eyes super clear, down for mom's, it hides imperfections) and to color some photos in black and white and some in sepia or duo tone. It was cool to see the results but I still felt funny deleting pictures. Sometimes it was easy, like if some one's eyes were closed or if the children's posture made them look like oompa loompas, but sometimes it was hard to pick which of the pose was the best shot.

Tonight I came home and cleaned my apartment because JAKE is coming to see me! He's coming on the Chinatown Bus from Richmond. It only departs Richmond at one time each day: 1am. I am picking him up bright and early tomorrow at 7am. I hope he has a good ride and I can't wait to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment