Monday, December 14, 2009

I Know the Way....

Sunday morning Jake came on the Chinatown Bus bright and early. It was so great to see him. He hadn't gotten any sleep on the bus, even though the trip began for him at 1am. I brought him back to the apartment and then had to go off for a short shift at work. I did two viewings at work and helped some scrapbooking customers. While I was helping someone in the shop a woman came in the door. She had been in the day before to get some things to make a scrapbook for her best friend who had been living in New York but was moving away. I had helped her pick out some embellishments and New York City themed stickers I thought would add a little something to the project. Anyway she came in yesterday just to thank me for helping her. She said the book looked amazing and it was the things I had suggested that really made the book great. Then she just left. It was really terrific.

After work Jake and I had planned to go to a live studio recording of a singer/songwriter called Langhorne Slim who I really love. Unfortunately I misread the e mail the band had sent me and we completely missed the show. I was so disappointed. We decided to make the best of the subway trip we had just made all the way up to Greenpoint so we called my friend Sarah and went over to hang out with her and her friend Sam. We got some beer and headed over. On the way to her apartment we passed a downed One Way sign. When we were at Sarah's she and Sam listed all the things they had done that day: drank champagne, jumped on the bed, ran through a construction sight and attempted to steal the One Way sign. It had been a bit to heavy for them as it was still mounted on a 9 foot sign post. It was seconds before we were all out the door as a team to get the downed sign. After that we sat around and talked for a nice long while and then Jake and I headed back to the train station to come home. I had to work in the morning!

Speaking of working: I am starting to worry that working two jobs is getting the better of me. I've recently become really ditzy and easily confused. Last week when I left work with Steve, the other temp, I started off walking in the wrong direction. When Steve questioned me I told him that that is the way I had gotten there that morning. We walked blocks and blocks in the wrong direction before I realized I had no idea what I'd done and that we were lost. Luckily Steve had an iPhone and led us back to the subway. He didn't even get mad. On the way to Sarah's last night I led poor Jake something like 8 blocks in the right direction, positive I was going the way I'd gone before, not to mention completely missing the rock show I was going to because I mixed up the times while reading the email. This morning I got on the train at my station without looking at what train it was. Obviously it was the wrong train and I had to walk about 10 blocks at top speed to get over to work on time. I don't even know where my head is these days. Time to start paying attention or something. It just isn't like me.

Today on my lunch I bought Jake his Christmas Present and tonight I gave it to him early. A new pair of green Chucks. His old shoes had a hole in the bottom that water came in through, besides being completely icky. I was so excited to give them to him. He loves them. Then I made chili and now we are all watching National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. I wish Jake could stay all the time. I sure love having him around!

No comments:

Post a Comment