Wednesday, December 16, 2009

More Busy Times and More Tree Visits

Yesterday at work they couldn't find enough for us to do as the next shipment of toys they were having us send as gifts hadn't yet arrived. We helped with a huge company lunch (and helped ourselves to free Italian food), made a delivery and straightened a few conference rooms before the let us go early and gave us today off.

After work I came back to the apartment and got Jake and we went into Manhattan to see the tree. First we went to Friday's to have supper but could only afford the half-priced appetizer special. Not too bad, I like appetizers the best anyway. After that we walked to the tree and it made me smile to see Jake snapping pictures left and right. He loved the tree and then we got to see those snowflakes and he loved that too. He thought the techno mix of Carol of the Bells was pretty good. The tree and the lights and watching the ice skaters was very romantic and I was so happy to be there with him.


After a pretty terrific date we came home and talked all the way on the train. I love having him around and miss our time together so much when we are apart.

Today we spent most of the day napping and talking. We did get up long enough to have lunch with Laura and Pete and for the boys to put up some Christmas lights in the living room. Then it was time to take Jake to the bus station and say goodbye.

I went into the studio for a quick shift and then came back here. Laura's kids from St Vincent are here for their big visit and are being very quiet in Laura's room. They went to bed in their new ski gloves because it is so cold.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it has been WAAYYY too long since I read this blog! I hop on facebook for a few minutes once in a while but haven't taken time to read any of my favorite blogs lately. I feel so out of the loop! So glad to see you had fun with Jake. How could you NOT have fun with Jake though? :)
    I love you and miss you and can't wait til we can come visit you. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete