Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Little Bored

I have been plugging away at work. I've gotten camera time at least one time each day which is great. Can't wait until I feel more comfortable with families and shoots. As you may know I've taken tons of pictures of people and especially of babies but the pace at the studio is much much different. The shoot is usually about 30 minutes and although we're casual at my studio about 'poses' its not quite like photographing babies I am very familiar with doing exactly what they want to do. Plus my kids were totally used to Miss Katy having a camera in their faces half the time and were really natural for me while these kids are in a studio, a completely new environment, with lights bigger than they've ever seen before and some weird lady with a huge camera lens calling their name over and over. Its not bad at all, just a much different pace. More pressure for certain.

This week funds are low so I'm a little bit home bound which is not ideal. Its very crowded here lately. To top it off Jake still hasn't come to see me this month because things keep cropping up for him that are keeping him. I miss him terribly lately and can't wait to see him again.

I sure feel like I'm counting down a lot these days. Counting down til payday, counting the days until I get to see Jake. That's a count that keeps getting bumped. Counting until Valentines and also springtime. I hate to wish my life away. If anyone ever comes up here to visit me by car maybe they will bring my scrapbooking things for me. Maybe having projects will make me feel better. I think I've organized my photos a dozen times by now. Looking at my pictures from the summer make me so happy. I sure had fun with all my great friends and Jake this past summer. Thanks to all of you! Come and visit me in NY soon so I can take some new pictures of us!

Until then here I'll sit. Hope I get to do something cool soon.

1 comment:

  1. If you tell me what you want specifically, I promise to bring scrapbooking stuff the next time I come. :)

    ReplyDelete