Thursday, January 7, 2010

Not Fired!

Today the temperature reached 30 and while walking to the subway I remarked to myself that it felt kind of warm since it didn't hurt where the air was touching my skin. This is insane. 30 is below freezing. Am I becoming a northerner?

I had a wonderful and surprising day. I went in to work for a meeting with my boss and manager and was certain I was going to lose my job. A handful of people were hired before Christmas and it looks like not everyone will get to stay on after the holiday rush. I wasn't exactly indispensable as I don't get to take pictures very often and don't have much camera experience. I was basically prepping myself for bad news and telling myself it wasn't that bad and I would be ok. I even had long talks with Jake and my mom about it. What a shock. They want to give me more camera time and training and keep me! Unbelievable! Such good news and I immediately got about forty-five minutes of lighting training.

After that I headed back to Brooklyn. Along the way I got a text from Laura DeWitt asking if I wanted to have a happy hour. She works in Brooklyn and was getting off at 3:30 so I got off at the Atlantic Terminal mall to wait for her. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings and had some appetizers and beers and really really great conversation. Its been a while since I sat down with a good old friend and talked. It felt great!

Going in to work tomorrow and Saturday. My apartment is clean and cozy and Laura will be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment