Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 is here!



Happy New Year! Yes I rang in the new year in New York but I was nowhere near Times Square. Jake didn't make it up but his good friend Rachel called him to tell him she had moved to NYC and was feeling a little lonely. He gave her my number and she called me and planned to come over to watch a bowl game and then maybe go somewhere low-key. She brought a bag along so she could crash here and avoid the crowds late night and we headed over to 773 about nine o'clock. What a great time. The bar was not crowded and everyone was pleasant and friendly as always. A man at the bar bought us Wild Turkey shots and we were put in charge of handing out hats and horns for midnight. We all watched Travis Pastrana make his big rally car jump in California and then did the old countdown as the ball dropped over in Times Square. We stayed at the bar until 3 in the morning dancing and laughing with the owner and regulars. Its such a great place! At one point some boring and lame guys were talking Rachel up. Billy the owner asked me if the guy was bothering us and I rolled my eyes to him and he immediately told the guy we were his nieces and to move along. So nice and for all the time we spent there we were barely charged for drinks. LOVE our bar!!

Jake is starting to feel better and will hopefully get up to spend some post holiday time with me this week. I have plenty shifts at the portrait studio coming up and my apartment is mega clean since I worked on it all day yesterday in preparation for Rachel's visit. Bills are mostly paid and aside from groceries and maybe a second pair of long johns and Jake's company I have all I need here. Happy New Year to everyone and all the best for 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment