Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Yum! Sushi!

The temperature has risen to the 40s a couple times this week and it feels like spring to me. One thing about living in New York city that has changed about me is I have gotten some major perspective on what cold really is. My definition used to include all temperatures lower than, oh lets say 75 degrees. Now 40 feels warm to me. Also, by the way, writing about the weather in my blog about big city adventures totally reminds me of my grandmother.

Sunday night I went to Floyd, the bar that has the boccie court, to meet Sarah and Sam and Rachel came down from the upper west side to meet us too. We sat on the couches and talked and then Rachel and I got fish and chips from the chip shop next door that were extraordinary. I came home and went to bed around 2 but set 3 alarms because I had to get up early to meet Jake at the bus stop at 7. It didn't work. My alarms woke Laura up who wondered what was going on but I slept on, blissfully unaware even that Jake called my phone fourteen times to tell me he had arrived. Whoops. When he finally got here he was too tired and happy to see me to be mad.

Last night Laura and Pete got all the things we'd need to make sushi and then Pete taught Jake how to make rolls. The boys worked for hours preparing the rice, slicing the vegetables and meat and rolling the sushi while Laura and I drank beers, played video games and gossipped. Then we all got to eat the delicious sushi. Mmmm. It was amazing. After that we played Catchphrase and Laura and I kicked ass as the apartment dream team. Sorry boys, maybe another time!













I have today off from work so hopefully Jake and I will do something fun once he is awake. He is still recovering from that bus ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment