Sunday, March 14, 2010

Flat Lydia in Manhattan

Besides being a portrait studio, my workplace is also a scrapbooking boutique. We sell lots of fancy and unique supplies and there are also crafting classes and events regularly. One class they have fairly regularly is Scrapbooking 101. Its a four part series and as an employee I can take it for free. Last time I was busy or out of town, I forget which but this week I got to attend. The focus of this class was painting and during the class I made this layout:



Each of the tags uses a different painting technique that we learned. The picture is from my days at the Yoga Pilates Studio, the place where I met Kris and Maggie. Kris brought in her niece's 'Flat Stanley' doll and we all took a photo with 'Flat Lydia' doing yoga at the studio.

Yesterday at work I had a couple of firsts, all at once. My first head shot photo shoot and my first solo photo shoot. I did really well! Head shots are cool because adults are predictable, adults getting head shots WANT to do what you say to look good in their pictures and the poses are basic and easy to remember. I did two shoots and both customers were very happy with their head shots, and both made purchases. I did another shoot today and the customer was absolutely thrilled with her photos and bought more than she had planned. Its so good to feel confident in the studio. I like the pace of head shots a lot.

Last night after work I was taking the train home when it shut down on me! Apparently because of the rain and wind some trees had fallen on the tracks near my stop and they shut down the whole line. I was four subway stops away from mine and had to walk forty minutes in the wind and rain to get home. Yikes! My umbrella turned inside out so I had to walk without one but the rain wasn't too heavy and there were plenty of other walkers along the way so it wasn't too bad. After I got home Laura and I went to a St. Patrick's Day party at 773. They had corned beef and cabbage and we had a good time hanging out with the employees and making fun of the hipsters. We even found out that our friend John from the bar is our neighbor! He lives in the house on the corner with all the stained glass windows in the front and said we could come grill in his yard during the summer. I love our bar!!

I have been very very achy lately and I'm not quite sure if I'm over-tired, coming down with something or just aging. Tomorrow I have the day off and plan to clean my room and do my taxes. Yuck. I don't think either of these things will help my aching back, or feet or get rid of the stitch in my side. I also plan to make some chili and divide it up to eat for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment