Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Home Sweet Virginia

I'm back. I'm back in New York after the most fun, amazing, refreshing weekend at home. Here's a rundown of the highlights:

Melting Pot with Amy, Jason, Easton, Bluebell, Mom, Sarah and Jake. The best wings I know of, Delicious amazing pizza, and cold delicious beer. Amy surprised me with presents but best of all RAINBOW STRIPED CUPCAKES that were not only beautiful but delicious. At least three different waitresses came by the table just to see them. Also Amy's kids are huge and delightful.

Church! So glad I decided to go. I asked Jake to come with us and thought it would take convincing but actually he was totally up for it. A good service and Jake was tickled with his free mug and holy water spritz.

Japanese Steakhouse with Jake, Mom, Sarah, Gage, Tony, Kristy and Tea. It was Jake's first time ever at a hibachi grill and it was so fun to see his reactions to 'big fire' etc. Also, I mean really, Japanese Steakhouse is delicious. I sure ate well on this vacation.

Oscars and movies at Kris's. With wine. And magazine reading. Miss you Kris!

I made snickerdoodle cupcakes and Picket Fence Macaroni from scratch and everybody ate and loved them both.

Phase 10 at Jessica and Brett's. I could get used to that game.

THE WEATHER!

It sure was hard to come back. I treated myself to a haircut today and got to do two photo shoots. So I am back in NYC, and I have a job to do. Other than that I have a messy room to clean and some upcoming visits (this means you SARAH N and AMY AND JASON.) Oh and Easter with Jake.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you shared some of your trip home with us! After we left Melting Pot I was so sad because I knew it was going to be a while before we could see you again. There was too much I didn't get to talk to you about! Then I quit feeling sorry for myself and started thinking about when we could come see you. I've asked Jason to tell me when would work best for his work at LEAST a half a dozen times since then. I think I'm just going to have to plan the whole darn trip and tell him "Look...this is when we're going!"
    Also trying to plan a trip to D.C, a trip home to Oklahoma and a trip to the beach with Amanda and family. Come on already, J! I'm dyin' to get to NYC! :)

    So glad you liked the cupcakes. I can't quit thinking about them so it looks like I'm going to have to make them again. For St. Patty's Day? Or maybe just because.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to catch up with you IN NYC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see both of you!!

    ReplyDelete