Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunshine and Photography

Its been so warm and beautiful the last couple of days. It makes it much easier to feel positive and cheerful, unlike the harsh New York City winter. I hope it holds. I'm certainly ready for nice weather. Apparently so is everybody else. The sidewalk near where I work was so full of people it took me twice as long to get from work to the subway. I had to dodge and weave among all the people walking slowly, four abreast, and chatting.

Today is decidedly cloudy though. Good thing its my day off. I'm meant to do laundry today but I might not get to it. That's bad because the baskets not getting any less full but its such a hassle. I'm getting really good at putting it off.


At work we have been doing training for a month! Since we are offering people a free print to come have their picture taken by trainees we've been booked solid and I've gotten lots of opportunities to take pictures. They want me to begin doing solo shoots after this week! I'm getting better in the studio setting although sometimes I still get completely overwhelmed by the pressure and the baby or child who doesn't feel like performing and the parents who don't feel the need to help or just be helpful. Sometimes I feel like hiding behind a big light until they go away or just tagging out and letting somebody else at work do the pictures and I'll confirm appointments or count the drawer or something I've mastered in my months of not being able to take pictures alone.

It'll be a quiet couple of weeks and then I get to go to Richmond for Easter with Jake. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment