Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Back in Brooklyn

I got back to my apartment after 2am last night so I'm really wiped out today. The camp reunion was a lot of fun, although at times I was an emotional wreck. Not having a job to come back to and with my roommate out of town I just couldn't imagine leaving Virginia, family, friends and Jake to come back here alone. It was rough but everyone at the reunion was so super encouraging. I was so tired after coming home on the bus last night I actually fell asleep with the keys still in the apartment door. Not good! This morning the cable man came and set up cable and internet for me so I've been in my pajamas all day trying to recover and get this foggy feeling out of my head and chest. I guess all the fun of the weekend is really catching up on me.

Pastor Kenn Nilsen, my friend Sarah's dad and my former boss at camp recommended I try to find a year-round job at a Lutheran camp up here in NY. I got really inspired thinking about it and sent them an e mail this morning. I also decided to go ahead and start working at Talbots, the place where I temped the week before I moved, until something that is a good fit for me comes along. That will be a paycheck for rent day and I can build up a business wardrobe. I had my sister call one of the managers I worked with and am waiting to hear back. I told her I could start tomorrow so that would be really terrific! Retail isn't my favorite but neither is unemployment.

I added two new albums to my Kodak website: One of the apartment hunting/moving process and one of the fantastic camp reunion. The link is on the right side of this blog.

Thanks to everyone who put up with my tears and anxiety this weekend. You were all right, I'm fine. I appreciate everybody's faith in me.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, music to my ears...you were right! :D

    You are doing a great job of being brave and being a grown up and I am very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Sarah's "I'm very proud of you!" I know you don't feel very brave at times but you are!!! And way to go for deciding to work at the retail job. It might not be your favorite but at least it will pay the bills and relieve some stress for you. I love you and can't wait to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete