Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Subway's No Way for a Good Man to Go Down...

Man do I ever feel discouraged. I just had to transfer half of my already completely piddly savings into my checking account to cover a check I wrote for groceries to Laura. I haven't heard back from a single one of the places where I've applied or interviewed. Today around 12:20 the temp agency actually called with four days of work but I had left my phone in my room with the door closed and when I got the message and returned the call ten minutes later the position had been filled. I don't know what kind of job I even want anymore. Something fulfilling and interesting that pays whatever, or whatever just to pay the bills? Doesn't really matter at this time; I guess I have to take whatever comes. Beggars can't be choosers and I am definitely feeling like a beggar. Clearly I'm just not doing enough.

Laura and I decided to get out of the house again today and went into Manhattan to see some sights. We went to Rockefeller Center, saw the lights of Broadway, had New York style pizza slices, visited the Dakota and walked through Central Park and then FAO Schwarz. It was really lovely to see some New York-y things. Can't wait until I have the cash to buy the floaty pens I see around. I also saw a lot of things I'd love to give as gifts if I ever can.

Tomorrow I'm going to get up early and redouble my efforts. Better to have a plan than feel sorry for myself I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment