Friday, October 23, 2009

Infinity-Day Weekend

Yesterday I spent all day submitting my resume online. The weather outside looked beautiful but my eyes were swimming from online job postings. I signed on to new temping agencies too but didn't hear back from any. Laura had a bit more success. She went to the first temp agency I had signed on for and filled out her paperwork. While she was there one of the other temping agencies we'd both submitted to that morning called and she met with them and signed on there too. Through some error they lost my information and didn't call me back at all. They got her a job this morning. She starts on Monday.

Last night we went to Jim Brady's pub around Wall Street to see my old camp friend Thom Miller play an acoustic set. It was so fun to see Thom again and meet his friends. We also met a couple new people from Brooklyn, including an Irishman named Garry who gave us the scoop on bars in Brooklyn that charge a little less for their draughts than the pub we were in. We closed down the bar and then headed back to Brooklyn, stopping at an Indian diner where Laura's friend Katie got a delicious sandwich. We came home, Laura and I had hot dogs and we watched Cash Cab before going to bed.

The weather is so dreary today and I don't have a job yet, nor have I heard from anyone that I've tried. I will go do my paperwork for the new temp agency Monday morning and hopefully they'll give me a job as quickly as they did Laura. This morning I made french toast with the old bread we had and made Laura a birthday cake. Once I've washed all the dishes, cleaned the kitchen and had my shower, my to do list will be all done until Monday. Hope we find some fun this weekend. I can't wait to have some visitors. Jake will be here next week for my birthday so that's something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment