Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Since when is the idea of a new wardrobe upsetting?

I survived 24 hours alone in New York friends! Wow. I went home via the Met grocery. I picked up the Katy necessities: Triscuits and cream cheese, cereal and milk, ice cream and cookies. When I got home I unpacked the groceries and then unpacked several boxes and really neatened up my room! It looks great now. Laura DeWitt came over for dinner and we had Italian delivery and I got some leftovers to have. We caught up and she spent a lot of time admiring our gorgeous apartment. After she left I did a couple chores (note to mom: Yes, I ironed a shirt. Don't pass out!) and then settled down to watch Hancock and half of The Golden Compass. Thank goodness for NetFlix. I changed my shipping address and put Hancock in the mail so I hope I can get a next one really soon. A nice thing was all the people who called me yesterday afternoon and evening. Thank you! I love you! It made me feel much less lonely.

Today I got up and put on my business clothes and took my laptop in my briefcase downtown to see the counselor at the temp company. I met Laura DeWitt at her work to get printed copies of my resume along the way. THANKS LAURA! It went pretty well. I managed the Subway just fine and found the building too. The temp visit went pretty well. I apparently did excellent on my computer skills tests and she said I wouldn't have any problem but I'd need a more corporate wardrobe. Yikes! I was wearing my dressiest interview clothes. It was black slacks, black pumps and a Burgundy buttoned blouse, tucked in. I don't have any suits that fit and only one or two skirts of inappropriate length. And I'm BROKE! I sure hope Laura has something in her closet. Not even sure what is more corporate than slacks. She didn't have anything for me today but she asked me to call her back this afternoon. For now I'm relaxing at Vox Pop with a great big mocha.

No comments:

Post a Comment