Sunday, October 18, 2009

Groceries and Karaoke

Winter seems to have come without waiting for fall and its cold, damp and windy here in Brooklyn. Luckily I have plenty of coats and scarves and our apartment heat is highly effective at all times. Friday night Laura DeWitt and I went to see Mika at the United Palace Theatre in Washington Heights, way up in the top part of Manhattan. The show was so much fun, Mika is such an entertainer. I had a lot of fun and the crowd was a blast to sing along with and to watch. There are a few pictures on my Kodak site.

Yesterday I came home after having a delicious breakfast of delivered French Toast and watching home improvement shows with Laura. When I got back I had a shower, cleaned up the apartment one last time before Laura and her parents arrived back and relaxed with my tv. Laura and her mom and dad got in around 6 and we carried some things she'd brought back from home. After some unpacking, and setting up our new wireless router and coat rack we went over to Picket Fence for supper. Picket Fence is quickly becoming my favorite restaurant in the area. Besides sweet potato fries, one of my new favorite foods, they have the most delicious macaroni and cheese I've ever had, and fantastic fried chicken. Laura and her mom got salmon BLTs and Laura's dad got chicken pot pie. Yum! Also Picket Fence delivers to our door and we can order online. We came back to the apartment and introduced mom and dad to Catchphrase, had some Brooklyn Lagers and some box wine and went to bed.

Today Laura's mom and dad left in the morning. Laura and I initially decided to take our laundry out and go to a farmers market and the grocery store, but when we saw that it was raining, we axed the laundromat. We decided to go on a weekday when maybe it is less crowded anyway. There's a year round farmers market by our branch of the library on Courtelyou so we hit that up first. We took our little old lady rolly cart and bought apples, garlic, eggs and lots and lots of vegetables. Then we went to the Met for our groceries and came back to the apartment with a full rolly cart and several bags besides. Now we have full full pantries and lots of delicious local produce and we are trying out the new karaoke system Laura got for her birthday. Too bad my blog doesn't have audio, you're missing Laura killing with a rendition of Piano Man. I'm so happy she's back.


No comments:

Post a Comment