Monday, October 5, 2009

My silent apartment.

Gosh I'm nervous. This morning Jake, Laura and Katie got in a car at 7am and drove away from me. I'm all alone in the big city!! I won't lie. I definitely cried and called my mom. Happily I found a coffee shop with internet where I am sitting right now! Its real funky, called VoxPop and the clerk gave me my coffee for an IOU because I didn't meet the card minimum. They're playing reggae and on one wall it says Viva La Revolucion. I have so far ordered cable and internet ($91 per month! Yikes!!) gotten the address of Wachovia so I can deposit a check (financial district: Manhattan. Not close by at all!) and written three blogs!!! Are you all so relieved to hear from me? I'm happy to have found some friendly faces and some blessed internet. Next I'm going to take my temp agency tests, grab some groceries on my way back to the apartment, find my Passport or Social Security card, and shower. Maybe I can make it to Wachovia and the temp agency all today! I hope I can get home before dark but if I do what will I do there? No internet, tv or even an iPod! Somebody come and visit quick!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I was there! I would love hanging out in Brooklyn with you, helping you unpack, running around town doing errands. I'll come soon I promise. Relax and enjoy the quiet. You can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! You're doing great!!! Can't wait to come see you!

    ReplyDelete