Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Off to Work; Today Only.

Yesterday morning I went into Manhattan to interview at another temping agency. It was early but pretty and the office was directly across the street from the Empire State Building. So close in fact, that you couldn't tell it was the Empire State Building. The interview went fine and afterward I called mom to ask permission to buy some flat shoes. Walking in the city, up and down stairs to the subway and crossing 6 lane streets is way too hard in heels. Maybe when I get older and cooler, but right now I just don't want to fall over or get a cramp trying to get to work. I found a store called Shoe Mania that was having a 'Buy One Get One 90% off' sale and bought a black pair and a brown pair. Much better.

I came home after that and took my laundry to Courtelyou and then cleaned the house. Nothing too exciting. Late yesterday afternoon the first temp company called with a one day job filing. I haven't heard from the place I interviewed yesterday.

I'm off into the early morning rain to my first work in New York City. Hope its just the start of a new chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment