Thursday, February 4, 2010

An Appreciation of my Galoshes.

Something interesting I learned the other night is that when it snows its as quiet outside in Brooklyn as in Strasburg. That is something I never would have believed before living here. Tuesday night it snowed and the ground was white when I got up yesterday morning but it was all gone by the time I got to work really. I hear they have quite a bit more snow back home.

About five years ago I bought purple paisley rain boots on a whim while shopping at the mall in Towson. We were there because it was 'Michael's mall' and I always thought of those boots as my Michael's Mall Boots. I had the boots all that time and never wore them. Too much hassle to have to change shoes when all I ever needed was to get from the house to the car and the car to wherever. Sometimes I even felt bad having them when I didn't need them. I'm so glad I held onto them though, now I couldn't do without them. Rainboots are a must in NY. The puddles are deep here, even days after a rain and that's not just water pooling there in the street. You don't even wanna know what it is! I do so much more walking in weather nowdays. Thank you purple boots! And thank goodness rain boots are in style these days.

Today is my day off, so of course its sunny outside. Hope everyone in VA is safe and warm and has plenty Milk Bread and Toilet Paper. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment