Monday, February 8, 2010

Fancy Hotels and Cheap Chocolate Candies

Another working weekend has passed for me. Both Saturday and Sunday we had birthday parties at the studio and it was fun and insanely busy. Best part: sometimes we get tips and sometimes we get cupcakes!

Last night was the Superbowl and after work I met up with Laura and her college friends India and Meredith. Meredith was in town from NC, where she works, for business and just happened to have a room at the Waldorf-Astoria. We thought it would be fun to watch the game in sweats there. The hotel was beautifully appointed as far as the lobby was concerned but the room was just a really nice hotel room. The windows and window dressings were ornate and remarkable and it had a really nice bathroom and a mini-bar which I've rarely seen, but otherwise it wasn't as shockingly lavish as I'd hoped.

Today Sarah came over and we made chocolate suckers with a kit I had gotten at work. I had a babysitter when I was in elementary school who made chocolate suckers for every occasion as a little cottage industry and I couldn't resist the kit when it came in a shipment of Valentine stock. Decorating the suckers was much harder than I anticipated, but the project was totally fun and the candy is as good as I remembered it.

Laura is home now and we just had leftovers from Rachel's feast and will soon be watching The Bachelor and playing Trivial Pursuit. I love Monday's off. Unfortunately I'll soon be trying to get temp jobs for all my weekdays off.

Please keep you fingers crossed that Jake can get a bus up here for the weekend. I don't really know what the bus route looks like, or what precautions the New Century bus service uses or what kind of cancellation policy they may have. I just know that its going to be the Olympics AND Valentines Day and I really want Jake to be here for both things. I'm really worried that the weather might hold him up.

1 comment:

  1. one time at work we straight up ordered in our own cupcakes, after looking at the crumbs website, they have a zillion different flavors! key lime, red velvet, peanut butter. i think we should do this again soon lol

    ReplyDelete