Saturday, February 27, 2010

John Mayer and Rain Boot Failure

Boy have I had a great couple of days! My very dear friend Laura DeWitt loves John Mayer with a love that rivals my love for Michael Phelps. She goes to as many of his live shows as she can and this week treated me to two tickets to Madison Square Garden on Thursday and Friday night! Both shows were absolutely phenomenal.

Madison Square Garden is giant and very very cool. For Thursday night we were in about the tenth row, stage left on the floor of the arena which was amazingly close. Friday we were in the first row of the second section, right in the center. These seats were pretty much directly in center court, which is cool in its own right.

The opening act was Michael Franti and Spearhead. If you haven't listened to Michael you should go get him right now because you like him. I know this. He was a great opening act and ran all around the arena during his set. He danced with audience members, hugged people, brought people's kids to the stage to sing with him and basically had a blast with everyone. He's so positive and his music is totally cool.

I think John Mayer is one of, if not the, most talented musicians of our time. He's very very good live. He also has some of the best backing musicians you'll ever see. His drummer was my favorite. Both nights he did drum solos that were so good they could stand alone as songs. I was moved to tears several times both nights, but then again, I'm kind of a cryer. Also John does terrific covers in his shows. In the two shows I saw he covered Tom Petty's Free Fallin, Alicia Keyes' New York, Fleetwood Mac (that song about thunder only happens when its rainin') and Paul Simon's Homeward Bound. NYC is his hometown so he was very excited to be playing for the Garden and everyone was excited to be seeing him. It was so much fun.




Madison Square Gardens is BIG



Love You Laura!

Some bad news is the status of my rain boots. The very same day I posted that picture of my trusty purple rain boots they failed me. You may have heard, we had a huge snowstorm here and conditions were nasty out on the street. On my way to the first John Mayer concert I stepped in an unavoidable and gigantic puddle and BOTH of my boots filled with nasty street water. It was awful and cold. So now I'm on the hunt for some good, cute boots. On the Upper West Side, where I work, the puddles can be almost knee deep and there is often no way to avoid stepping in them to get onto the sidewalk and not get hit by a taxi. Right now I have to wear grocery sacks inside my boots which is mostly effective, thought not totally comfortable.

By the way, there is not a link to my Amazon Store on the sideline, above the link to my Kodak Site. Anytime you are going to amazon to buy something, go through my store and help me out. Feel free to buy anything I have up and if you know you want somethign specific in advance, let me know and I'll put it in there for you. It would be a great help to me! Also I added more of the pictures I took at the concert to my Kodak site so go there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment